10 Outstanding Photo Ideas for Gifts
If you need some photo ideas for gifts, look no further. These selected gifts are premium quality and will show your recipient your care and affection.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
My husband and I were together for almost 6 years before we got married, and we were married for almost 9 years before we had Robyn, our only child. During that time we had many chances for romantic dates for Valentine’s Day, our anniversaries (we celebrate two), birthdays and more.
We got a babysitter in her early days, but once she was old enough to know that we were celebrating without her, it just seemed natural to include her in the festivities. Each time we’d have a special dinner out and exchange or give trinkets and cards. And chocolate. There was always chocolate.
Now she’s 30 something, married, and living an hour away. And we still always exchange little gifts and chocolate. But over the years I think we’ve gotten a little boring. Same chocolate bar and same Shoebox greeting card (well, not the same card, obviously, but you get my point). It’s boring and so common.
Last year I did something different for Valentine’s Day, and it turned out so well. I wanted to share it with you, as well as some other great ideas to inspire you to give creative photo ideas for gifts that will never be considered boring or common.
itty bitty photo books
1. These Tiny Books from Social Print Studio are the most adorable things! These little cuties come in sets of three, and stick together (or to your fridge) with magnets.
And three is exactly what I needed! One for my husband, Eugene, one for Robyn, and one for her wife, Katrina. And at all three for $21, it was totally within the budget!
You can either order all three with the same 24 pictures, or you can make them individual and use 72 pictures. That’s what I did. I snagged photos from their Facebook and Instagram profiles and uploaded them to make three unique and personalized books. They loved them, especially Katrina!
Social Print Studio also sells many photo items such as displays, wall art and more. And shipping is free if your order is $50+. They have a referral program, so if you decide to order something from them, please use my code, 9GWSKHJBO2 when you order, and they’ll give me a little credit to use on my next order from them (and then you’ll get a code you can share with your friends).
photo ideas for Gifts for Your Significant Other
If you want to show your love and appreciation for that special someone in your life, read on. (On the other hand, if you’d rather give him or her something fun, see the next section). Using one or more pictures near and dear to your heart, you’ll be able to make any special day unforgettable for that significant person in your life.
2. MyPhoto has beautiful and unique photo ideas for gifts made from acrylic, glass, metal and wood. And starting at $12, they are very affordable, too. Shipping is free at $59+ and they pride themselves on their packaging.
Every package should arrive carefully, expertly packed, worthy of a “WOW” as soon as the box is opened. You can make your gifts even more personalized by adding a free custom note at no extra charge.
One of the coolest things about MyPhoto‘s website is that you can upload your photo and see what it will look like on every product they sell.
3. If you’d like to design the perfect card for your significant other, Mixbook has some great layouts for Special Days – and you can order just one! They also have some great designs that kids would love as well, so you might as well make several!
In addition Mixbook has some photo books formatted particularly for romance or other love stories. Good for kids, best friends and more.
4. Artifact Uprising has more than a page devoted to “Gifts for Him.” Definitely unfussy and not particularly feminine, nevertheless, any one of these gifts will melt his heart. Give him what matters most, in a way he’ll be proud to display in the office or right at home.
Fun photo ideas for Gifts For the Kids in Your Life
Although there’s no shortage of suggested gift ideas for kids, a photo gift rises above the rest in terms of meaning. The rest will be forgotten once eaten or set aside, but a photo gift is a gift that keeps giving.
5. I always loved fun socks as a kid, and Sockprints has a Special Occasions section. You can also order custom-designed socks featuring people, pets and more. Celebrate any occasion with a pair of print-to-order fun, personalized socks. Some you can also add names or initials to. They offer free shipping on orders of $35 or more.
6. One of my favorite photo ideas for gifts to give younger children is a personalized puzzle. Ellisi Gifts offers cardboard and hardboard puzzles that you can personalize with photos.
7. And if you want to create a photo puzzle for older kids or adults, Amazon has many choices where you can specify 1000, 500, or 300 pieces. They also have several pages of kids’ photo ideas for gifts including a cloth photo album for babies and toddlers.
Photo Gift ideas for Other People You Care About
8. A photo calendar is a great way to keep precious moments in front of someone all year long. Forever has some great calendar templates. What I really like about their calendars is that when the year is over, the calendar portion and the binding tear off, leaving a 12×12 or 8×8 page that can go into a pocket page and be put in an album for later viewing, (My favorite albums are here.)
9. If you need something a little bit more elegant, Pictures on Gold often has sales of up to 75% off plus free shipping on orders over $75. They offer a 100% lifetime guarantee with waterproof and scratchproof pictures.
10. And again, there’s always Amazon. Here’s a collection of photo gifts not specifically for kids.
So there you have it – my Valentine’s Day Photo Gift Guide. Photo gifts are unique and meaningful – not boring or common! Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to bless someone you love with something they’ll treasure for years to come.
I hope this has inspired you to create some unique and meaningful photo gifts. If you’d also like to see ideas for handmade photo gifts, be sure to check out this post.
Need help finding just the right photos for your photo gifts? Join my Family Photo Keeper’s Community and you’ll get all the help you need. You can also see all my posts about photos gifts here.