Everything You Need to Know About The Family Photo Keeper Academy
The Family Photo Keeper Academy was created to teach you all aspects of photo organizing. In the Academy, I teach you how to organize and preserve all your photos so you can celebrate and share your memories.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
You want to get your photos organized. That’s why you’re on this site, no doubt. You’ve Googled and found one or more of the thousands of articles about photo organizing on the internet. But you still aren’t exactly sure how to go about it.
What you need is a little more hand holding than reading an article offers. And that’s exactly what The Family Photo Keeper Academy is for – to hold your hand and guide you through the entire process. You might wonder if this is what you need.
In this article, I’m going to break down everything you need to know about The Family Photo Keeper Academy. That way, you’ll know if it’s right for you.
What is The Family Photo Keeper Academy?
The Family Photo Keeper Academy is a subscription-based, membership learning community. It’s filled with people just like you, family photo keepers with a lifetime of old family photos containing precious memories. The Academy will take you from photo memory chaos in boxes and bins to an organized collection that will bring you peace and joy and is more likely to be welcomed by your children.
It’s where you can learn how to manage your memories, at your own pace, in a like-minded community. No more trying to figure photo organizing out on your own, or thinking you already should know how to do it.
In the Academy, you’ll learn how to manage all your photo memories – no matter the format – with easy-to-follow tutorials, proven systems and expert advice. Plus, you’ll have access to professional support whenever you’re stuck.
What problems will it solve?
The Academy isn’t for everyone, and it’s relatively specific to whom it helps. Here are the problems the membership solves:
- You have boxes and bins of photos from two or more generations with little or no organization, and it’s overwhelming.
- You likely have some of the following: slides, videotapes, old home movies, memorabilia, and digital photos. And you are sure what the best solution is.
- You aren’t sure where to start, how to modernize old formats, nor the best ways to share memories with others.
- Your kids may have told you (or you think they might) that they don’t want the photos (but in your heart you are pretty sure the memories are important to them).
- You’ve tried to tackle photo organizing on your own, but you’ve started and stopped as you got stuck or other priorities arose.
Why was the Academy membership Created?
I believe that you can both enjoy your memories in the present and leave a meaningful collection for future generations. In my 20 years of working with family photo keepers in person, I’ve seen that this is true.
With the rise of technology, the decline in album making, the pandemic and more, I realized that I can help even more people by reaching out online. But simply writing instructional articles and providing done-for-you services and one-off phone calls was not solving the problem for the majority of people.
I realized that most people wanted – and needed – to be able to work side by side with a professional in order to get it done, just like the old days of my classes and workshops. The Family Photo Keeper Academy gave me a way to help people just in this way.
What’s Included in the membership?
Here’s what’s included in the Family Photo Keeper Academy:
- Monthly live Q&A calls where you can ask me live or submit questions in advance. The calls are recorded and transcribed for future reference.
- Monthly Virtual Co-Working Workshops where we all work on our photos together, and you can ask questions while you work. These also give you a commitment to keep to yourself and others to keep working on the project. This is available to the public for a fee, but members Academy members may attend free.
- Community is an aspect of the monthly events, and it is continued in our private Facebook Group. You are not alone!
- Accountability – You may sign up to receive a weekly email from me that asks you to reply to three questions. You get my personal attention on your success.
- An organized Learning Center with all materials broken down into the categories of Organize, Preserve, Celebrate and Share. Currently this Learning Center is housed in our private Facebook Group under the heading GUIDES.
- Member Discounts – Current members can purchase any of my 1:1 consulting or done-for-you services at a 10% discount, even when they are on sale.
- Trainings and Printable Guides are planned for the future. These will be sold to the public but Adademy members will receive free access to them.
I’m not on Facebook. Is it still worth it to join?
Yes, I believe so. The only aspect you will miss out on is the community within the private Facebook group. You’ll still have access to all the events (hosted on Zoom), the training materials, and every other benefit of Academy membership.
I don’t live in the USA. Will I be able to attend the live events?
Currently the Q&A Zoom calls are on the second Saturday of the month at noon Mountain Time. However, I am totally open to changing the day and time to something that works for the majority of the community. These calls are also recorded and can be watched after the fact.
The Co-Working Workshops run from noon till 8:30 pm on the fourth Saturday of the month (November and December excepted). The times usually work so that anyone in another time zone can attend for at least a few hours. I am open to changing the day if it works for the majority of attendees, however, several regular US attendees are not yet retired and can only work on the weekends.
Couldn’t I just find all this information on the internet?
Every aspect of photo organization is certainly somewhere on the internet. However, in my experience, just having the information isn’t enough for most people. The Academy offers not just information but one-on-one support, accountability and community to help members get ‘er done.
How Much does it cost?
The cost of The Family Photo Keeper Academy is $12 per month. There is no required commitment of a certain number of months, so it is certainly affordable enough to give it a try and see if it helps you make progress on your photo organizing goals.
Is The Academy Tied to a Specific Photo Organizing Product or Program that you Sell?
No. I do often make recommendations for products and services with which I have an affiliate relationship – meaning if you purchase them I am paid a small commission at no additional cost to you. However, that is not the driving force behind my recommendations. I recommend products that I trust and love, and if I happen to recommend a product I haven’t personally tried (but perhaps has a good reputation among professional photo managers), I will always tell you that.
But the main drive behind any recommendations I make is what your needs and wants are. I am here to help, and I recommend products that I believe will help you.
Is There a Refund Policy?
No refunds are offered. If, however, you cancel your membership, you will remain a member until the next regularly scheduled payment was to take place.
How Long Will I have to Remain a Member?
The answer to that depends entirely on you and how much time you devote to your photo organizing. My goal is to essentially work myself out of a job. I fully expect that as members get their photo memory collections in order, that they will drop out of the membership. I want you to stay in the membership as long as it takes for you to feel like you have all that you need to get ‘er done. Or that you actually do get ‘er done.
What if I Have to Stop for Awhile?
If something comes up in your life and you feel you can’t attend to your photo memory collection for a period of time, you may want to cancel your membership at that time. There is no guarantee that the price won’t go up between your cancellation and re-enrollment, and that is a risk you will have to take. But please reach out and let me know what’s going on.
Who is this For?
The Family Photo Keeper Academy is not for everyone and I only want you to enroll if it’s right for you.
This is FOR you if:
- You have a lot of questions (including some you know you’ll think to ask later) about how to get started or how to do certain things with your collection, and you’d like to be able to get them answered as they pop up.
- You value the accountability and community that can keep you going on what could be a potentially lonely, or even painful, project.
- You want to learn more about photo organizing so that you can make the best decisions for you and your collection.
- You feel you could actually do it (or do it more often) if someone was right there with you, especially when it comes to tech.
This is NOT for you if:
- You already know all about photo organizing, and you don’t need any help, community or accountability.
- You plan to leave it all for your kids, as is, and let them deal with it.
- You don’t believe your photo memories will have any value for future generations and don’t want to put in the time and effort just to be proven right.
- You’d rather pay someone else to do it for you instead of do it yourself (and if that’s the case, please book a free call here).
Will This Work for My Situation?
If you have photos memories in any format, it should work for you. If you have more questions about this, please contact me.
Who Runs the Academy?
I, Fancy, run The Family Photo Keeper Academy.
A bit about me
Since 2002 I’ve taught classes and workshops on organizing photos and creating meaningful photo albums. In the beginning it was all based on printed pictures. But as technology advanced, I adapted and taught about digital photo organizing and photo book creation. I loved teaching other family photo keepers to create something to enjoy in the present as well as hand down to future generations.
In 2015, I started offering scanning and other done-for-you services to help people get their photo memory collections in order. But I noticed that there was a large group of people who wanted to organize their own photos. They didn’t know where to start, or they had started and stopped many times over the years. I tried to support them through my blog articles, email tutorials and monthly co-working workshops, yet I felt I wasn’t having the impact I wanted. I wasn’t helping them get it done. And so, I created the Academy.
My superpower is this: I’m really good at explaining tech to people without making them feel dumb. You can read this over and over in the testimonials I receive.
What Ongoing Support Will I Get When I Join?
In addition to the monthly events, I am in the Academy Facebook group every day. I am also available via email, and I prioritize emails from Academy members.
How Do I Access the Learning Content?
Currently, the Learning Content is housed in our private Facebook Group under the heading GUIDES. I also make it available via email to members who aren’t on Facebook. Soon there will be a dedicated and password-protected page on my website where the content will also be stored.
What Results Can I Expect?
You can expect to organize and preserve your photos so that you can celebrate and share your memories. I want you to be able to both enjoy them now and leave a meaningful collection for future generations. The speed of your progress depends on what you have to do to get there, and how much time you can devote to the project.
How Do I Sign Up?
If you want to make a commitment to your photo memories and get my personal help at an affordable price, check out the membership below.
Sign up now and I’ll send you the links you need to get started.
See you on the inside.